Time for Tag Thursday! This weeks is the Unpopular Opinions Book Tag! I know this one is a super popular tag so I thought I’d give it a whirl!
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like.
I think I’m gonna have to answer this question with Replica by Lauren Oliver. I just really didn’t seem to like anything about this and I don’t know if I will pick up the rest of the series. It seemed to drag on and on for me and I had to force myself to finish it.
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
The Eve trilogy by Anna Carey is one that I haven’t really heard about. I picked up the first one on a whim and really liked it! It’s been over 2 years since I read and finished it but looking it up on Goodreads it doesn’t have very great ratings.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with OR an OTP that you don’t like.
I am really not a fan of the way that the Throne Of Glass pairings seem to be going. I know there are still books in the series but this was the first to come to mind.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
I have to answer this question with fantasy. I hardly used to read anything in the fantasy category but I am finally starting to read and really enjoy it!
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
I never really liked Peeta from the Hunger Games and I really don’t know why.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
I can’t seem to read anything by Cassandra Clare (even though I have almost all the books). In the past I’ve tried to read them but I just can’t get into them.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
I really can’t stand the bad boys that turn good for love thing. It just irks my nerves and I haven’t stopped hating that trope.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
I have no interest in reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. It’s talked and talked about but I don’t think it’s for me.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
The first one that comes to mind is The Great Gatsby. I really loved both the movie and the book but for some reason I liked the movie better!
Well thats it for my Unpopular Bookish Opinions!
Tell me an unpopular bookish opinion you have below!